Form C: Appeal to the Senate Board for Student Appeals
An appeal to the Senate Board for Student Appeals (SBSA) is the final step a student may take within the University to secure a remedy.
The decision from a lower level stays in effect unless and until it is overturned on appeal. This means that submitting an appeal will not prevent the decision being appealed from being carried out.
Below are some of the decisions that may be appealed to the SBSA:
- Academic Integrity Policy – decisions made by a Faculty Adjudicator
- Form B Formal Inquiry decisions
- Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities – decisions of the Dean of Students that impose a sanction of suspension, expulsion, or involuntary withdrawal (for violation that do not involve Sexual Violence, Discrimination, and/or Harassment.
SUBMITTING THE FORM
The appeal must be submitted to the University Secretariat within three (3) weeks of receipt of the decision being appealed. The submission must include:
- Form C – Appeal to the SBSA and
- a copy of the decision being appealed
To submit the appeal electronically please contact the Hearings email at least two (2) business days before the appeal submission is due to request an upload link.
Please note that Hearings are normally scheduled anywhere from three to six months after receipt of the appeal. However, some Hearings may be scheduled beyond six months from receipt.
PLEASE NOTE: current circumstances continue to effect the hearings process which may result in delays to the scheduling of hearing dates.