Information Box Group
Mission and Mandate of the University Secretariat
Our mission is to guide and facilitate the responsible and transparent decision-making processes for the governing bodies of McMaster University. We achieve this mission through our expertise and breadth of knowledge in the following five areas of our mandate:
- provision of professional support to the Board of Governors, Senate, University Planning Committee and their respective committees, councils and advising bodies;
- facilitation of University policy development and renewal, including documentation and interpretation;
- coordination of Senate & Board elections and executive searches for senior administration appointments;
- supervision of the legal responsibilities for all tribunal hearings; and
- oversight of information governance and compliance with privacy laws.